Surgery Exchange PlatformTM
Surgery Exchange PlatformTM is a HIPAA compliant software solution specifically designed to support the provider in managing the complicated implant “Bill Only” surgery workflow starting when surgery is scheduled, then moving to case planning activities, capturing usage, and issuing vendor’s purchase order.
- Increase workforce productivity through proactive automation eliminating redundant manual tasks and bottlenecks.
- Implement best practices systemwide enforcing hospital rules and policies.
- Facilitate and document communication among all stakeholders.
- Eliminate price leakage by enforcing vendor contract compliance before, during, and after surgery.
- Track loaner trays.
- Eliminate Item Master contamination.
- Automate generation of purchase orders.
- Avoid lost revenue by providing patient billing visibility to accurate usage immediately after surgery.
- Collect normalized, consistent real-time case-level data from all service lines, systemwide.
- Provide the foundation for clinically integrated supply chain initiatives to align physicians, supply chain, and provider.
Interconnect with 3rd party systems. Supports flat file, API, and HL7 protocols. Customized plug-ins are built/ modified to accommodate hospital specific requirements and variables.
Manages hospital internal and external stakeholders, permissions, and stakeholder specific workflow, enforcing hospital’s defined process flow and operating rules and controls. It is an environment for stakeholder collaboration.
Manages case progress and stakeholder requirements using an internal notification system via an Action Center dashboard. Stakeholders are notified of their cases, any changes and cancellations, what they need to do, and when.
Preferences are by physician/manufacturer/procedure/patient profile/qualifiers, list of implants, trays, and instruments physician expects to have in the OR. A case can have multiple preference profiles that translate to demand signals.
Stores/accesses approved vendor contracts by facility, including allowable products and prices. Maintains an electronic addendum for items “not on contract” approved since contract was updated. Enforces contract compliance throughout the case lifecycle.
Maintains manufacturer provided tray information including sterilization method, pictures, and detailed content. Case trays are tracked by where they are coming from and expected arrival. After surgery, sends tray pick up notifications to sales reps.
Provides a collaborative communication platform between Coordinators and Purchasing to request case special purchases and prepaid products. Tracks order placement, item arrival, items used in surgery, and items remaining for return.
Multiple usage captured methods including extraction from OR charted EMR usage. Item numbers are normalized, vendor contracts are enforced, and usage is priced according to vendor contract by line item and/or construct pricing.
Converts manufacturer catalog number to its equivalent Item Master number and electronically submits a purchase requisition to hospital’s financial accounting system to obtain a PO number.
Hosts detailed case data plus stakeholder activities and violations. Data is accessed via a data mining dashboard or through preconfigured reports. Provides a comprehensive/drill down capability. Data is exportable.